Kite Inflator Specification
[This document is a work in progress.]
The kite inflator is a device that monitors and sets the inflation pressure of the kite. It will also serve as a general purpose data logger and transmitter for sensors such as an altimeter, temperature sensor, and GPS.
Physical, Environmental, Performance
1. max size: ?
2. max weight: ?
3. kite attachment method: ?
4. splashproof, but not submersible
5. external power switch and on/off display
6. normal use constitutes the motor valve operating for 25% of the time
7. must run for 12 hours of normal use on a full charge
8. reliable radio range of 100m on the water
9. failure mode of resetting or shutting off
10. OK to charge by opening the box
11. transmit data to boat at minimum rate of 2hz
12. control pressure from boat
13. disable pressure controls from boat
1. record kite inflation pressure, with 0.1 psi accuracy
2. max inflation capability?
3. display approximate degree of inflation via bright LED
4. maintain inflation pressure, with 0.1 psi accuracy
5. increase inflation pressure of a 20 m2 kite by at least 2 psi/hr
6. decrease pressure of a 20 m2 kite by at least 2 psi/hr
7. record kite altitude with 2 m accuracy
8. record outside air temperature with 1 degree C accuracy
9. record position and time using GPS
10. timestamped shutter control of external camera
11. record to local media?