On this trip we made many ROK kites with the latest updates. We took the prototypes to fly at our usual test site and based on the results, designed some more with the new ideas and new software results.
On the materials side, we made 3 ROKs (3 different sizes) using Cubic Tech CT3.5, with Tapeglue along the intersegment panels and dacron reinforced stitch closing seam. The result was good, but after keeping the kites inflated for 3 days, the bottom of the main intersection started to fail, proving that we can’t use tape at that spot. We are fixing that by making the intersection with dacron, after a transition from the CT3.5
The other tests were 2 new sizes: