The Eye-Fi SD card works with the CF card adapter in the 7D. With the metal parts of the adapter taken off, it works as well as does the Eye-Fi SD card on its own in the GoPro, which means it works from halfway across the shop, but not all the way across the shop. The card is rated to 45 ft from the router indoors and 90 ft from the router outdoors.
The above distances are using the KAI wi-fi. When I turned off wi-fi and used “Direct Mode,” the network was very unreliable and had to be restarted often. It did not appear to reach as far as the wi-fi. The furthest away I could get it to download a photo was across the office, maybe 20 ft from the router.
Directions to set up Eye-Fi:
1. Put card in computer and click on Eye-Fi icon @ upper-righthand corner of screen to select “Open Eye-Fi Center.”
2. log in (email@example.com, Scorpios4)
3. Click on “Networks” and add ship network to card
4. Set up Direct Mode as a backup by clicking “start Direct Mode Network.” Then go to the computer’s Network Preferences and enter the password for the “Eye-Fi Card” network. The password is displayed in the Direct Mode window.
5. Click on “Photos” and make sure that the photos are going to the folder you want and that subfolder options are set to capture date.
More: Electronics and Software Development