We took K2 out today in blustery conditions with winds from the South. We flew the same 50 sqm kite as yesterday, with this morning’s new bridle. The bridle distributed the load in such a way that the kite looked very flat, and we decided both that this bridle was not an improvement and that it was too windy for such a large kite. We then launched the 18 sqm kite with the unusual planform, which we had not yet flown in sufficient wind. The 18 sqm kite performed very well, and we hit a top speed of 33 knots with 3 crew. Attached kite closeups are mostly of this kite. We will try another bridling solution for the 50 sqm kite. Jacques Vincent and Emilie Monthioux from Hydroptere joined us on this test.
Kai View Data:
More: Kite Design, Manufacturing, and Repair