We took K2 out today to tow around the protected area off Alameda Point, using the new T-foil. We are in the process of constructing a mold to make a new T-foil from scratch, and we modified an old foil to test out some ideas and help us refine the design. This modified foil is much narrower overall–it is not tapered like our current T-foil, and it has a different airfoil shape. It is intended to optimize lift at lower speeds, but it will have more drag at higher speeds.
After the tow test, we replaced the foil with our standby foil and went out for a kite test of the repaired chair and new winch setup.
More: Kiteboat Tests