Kai Concepts is a Bay Area team, founded by Don Montague, known for testing the limits of kite propulsion, hydrofoil technology and experimenting with technological advances in water-sport technology. The company has strong backing from industry luminaries. We are a small team of creative problem solvers with backgrounds in engineering, software development, manufacturing, inflatable design, and competitive windsurfing and kitesurfing. We are extremely passionate individuals who get an immense amount of satisfaction out of collaborating to solve some truly unique and challenging problems.
We are searching for a driven individual that is a team player and willing to learn and adapt to our culture. We are a dynamic company solving amazing problems and being flexible is a huge part of our mentality at KAI Concepts. Having a passion for marine environment and/or water-sports is a huge plus and will make your experience at Kai Concepts even more fulfilling.
As a technical program manager at Kai Concepts, you will be involved with overseeing, organizing, collaborating, and managing our program development for our futuristic marine EV systems. Our ideal candidate is an experienced, passionate, and like-minded individual with a sense of adventure who gets a thrill out of solving challenging problems and is eager to develop next-gen marine EV technology. With a sharp business mind and a proven ability to strategize you will help us implement and track high-level program initiatives. As a natural-born leader, you will have a strong talent for project coordination and delegation. Ultimately, you are motivated by the desire to optimize productivity and nurture program success from inception to completion.
Some of what you will be doing:
- Strategize, implement, and maintain sustainable program initiatives that further promote our organizational objectives.
- Ensure that programs remain in-scope and meet budgetary, scheduling, and quality requirements.
- Oversee multiple project teams and delegate cross-project initiatives, ensuring program goals are reached.
- Identify key requirements needed from cross-functional teams and external vendors.
- Set and monitor program budgets and staffing requirements.
- Assist in business development efforts to create project proposals, RFPs, estimates, and schedules.
- Plan, schedule, monitor, and report on activities related to the program development, including subcontractor monitoring.
- Assist with and document project scope, deliverables, goals, risks, blockers, success measures, and estimated resources needed.
- Develop program assessment protocols for evaluation and improvement.
Skills and Qualifications
- High-level management and leadership skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM, business administration, or other related fields.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Exceptional leadership, time management, facilitation, and organizational skills.
- Master’s degree in STEM, business administration, or another related field.
- 5+ years in an advanced management role (preference given to those with program management experience).
- Previous stakeholder management skills.
- Proven proposal writing experience.