The ideal candidate has a strong background in composites fabrication, with an emphasis on carbon fiber work for marine applications. Because projects are often completed on an aggressive schedule with a relatively short period of preparation, there is sometimes a unique opportunity for design and engineering to occur on the shop floor. The ideal candidate will be able to adapt to design changes and tight deadlines and will be at ease both working independently and collaborating with other team members to solve problems.
To assist in all phases of ultra-lightweight boat development, fabrication, maintenance, and repair.
- Composites work at a professional level including vacuum bagging, fillets, tapes, secondary bonds, and cored structure laminates.
- At least two years of experience working with carbon fiber, including pre-preg and wet layups.
- A good intuition of structures.
- Experience reading laminate schedules.
- Familiarity with woodworking and a strong understanding of power tools.
- Familiarity with metalworking to a marine standard.
- Experience with vacuum infusion techniques.
- Willingness to put in extra hours and to adapt to team schedule.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and skill set. This is a full time position with benefits for the right candidate.